Latest update March 2021
Amsterdam Light Festival Foundation (business address: Weesperpein 4A, 1018 XA Amsterdam, the Netherlands) is the responsible party for your information. If you have any questions or comments, you can send your message to the aforementioned address or by e-mail to email@example.com.
1. What information is collected and why?
ALF collects personal data for a number of purposes. When you register to receive our newsletter, when you visit our website, or contact us, we can collect the following information, depending on the purpose.
ALF sends out newsletters via e-mail. For this, we use the personal data you have shared with us when you subscribed to our newsletter. Our newsletters are focused on information sharing. We collect your e-mail address through the subscription form on our website. Another option is that you were invited in person or in writing to subscribe.
1.2. Official Partners
When ALF enters into a partnership with a company, this company is labeled 'Official Partner' of ALF. If your company is interested in becoming an Official Partner, is currently an Official Partner or has been an Official Partner in the past, we can use your personal information for relationship management purposes, such as invitations for ALF events and / or closing agreements between your company and ALF.
1.3. Google Analytics
ALF website collects your data for:
- Strictly necessary purposes: this information is essential for the website to work properly.
- Functional purposes; these serve to improve and simplify the user experience. This data is anonymous and no personal data is stored. This can include, for example, your choice of language on the website, the duration of your visit or which pages you view.
- Performance purposes; by using cookies through Google Analytics, ALF can gain insight and a better understanding of how many visitors use the website, how users get to the website and which parts of the website are popular.
When you as a visitor buy a ticket for one of the ALF products in the ALF ticket shop, we ask you to enter your first name, last name, zip code, mobile number and email address. We collect this information for:
- Strictly necessary purposes: to be able to send and personalize the purchased voucher / admission ticket to you. Also, if there are any changes in the booking, we are able to contact you.
- Marketing purposes: we use your zip code to get a better insight and understanding into our visitor.
1.5 Job applications
When you apply for a job at ALF, we use your personal data to process your application.
2. Where do we store your data? The parties below manage the data ALF collects and processes.
Gmail hosts the e-mail traffic of ALF. If you contact us via e-mail, relevant messages are stored on the Gmail servers.
2.2. Google Drive
Agreements that may contain your personal data are stored on Google Drive.
2.3. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Your personal data (name, e-mail address and company name) are stored in our online relationship management system.
ALF newsletters are sent via MailChimp. When you subscribe to our newsletters, your e-mail address will be stored in the CRM on the appropriate list. MailChimp then uploads this information from the CRM in order to send the newsletter.
Official Partners are invited via Momice for ALF events such as the annual kick-off, networking events and the official opening. Momice sends invitations, reminders and thank you notes using your name and e-mail address, which are entered into the system by ALF staff. Momice stores your data for a total of three months; two months before the event and one month after the event. Momice deletes all data after this period.
3. How long do we keep your data? ALF stores your data for a period of time, but never longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we keep your data, unless we have to keep your data for a longer period of time on the basis of a statutory regulation.
We store your (first name and) e-mail address for as long as you have subscribed to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
3.2. Official Partners
3.3. Google Analytics
Google Analytics collects anonymous data, so this information is not linked to your name, company or e-mail address. Google Analytics stores this data for an indefinite period of time.
3.4. Job applications
The information you provide with regard to your job application will be kept for a period of four weeks after the result of the application has been communicated. If you agree to retain your data for a longer period of time for future job vacancies, your data will be kept for one year.
4. How do we protect your data?
Personal data is digitally stored in the aforementioned systems and software. The personal data managed by the festival or by the aforementioned third parties can only be accessed via the software and is protected by a password. Only the employees of ALF for whom this is necessary, to let the organization function properly, have access. In addition, every person who has access to the data has an obligation of confidentiality. In addition, your visits to the ALF website are secured by an SSL certificate, this security can be recognized by the green lock in front of the url. This certificate means that your connection to the website of ALF is private.
5. What are your rights with regard to your personal data and how can you practice them? With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights. If you want to exercise one of the following rights, you can contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.1. Right of inspection
You are entitled at all times to inspect your personal data that has been recorded and stored by ALF.
5.2. Right of rectification
If your details are incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to have this rectified by ALF.
5.3. Right to data portability
If you need your data stored that is by ALF and you want to transfer it to another party or service, you have the right to transfer. ALF then has to transfer all your data to that other party.
5.4. Right of removal
When you no longer want your data to be stored by ALF, you have the right to have your data erased.
5.5. Right to submit a complaint
If you feel that ALF does not process your data in the right way, we encourage you to contact us. However, you always have the right to file a complaint directly with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.